Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GvG ranking system/battle selection

+9
Five/Vandals
1101Star
Assassino
[GM]Obspho
joslsamp
GitHub
SpiritMuse
Ritchie980
Roboren
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GvG ranking system/battle selection Empty GvG ranking system/battle selection

Post by Roboren Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:00 pm

The GvG battles seems to be a random selection. Rankings change based on the number of battles won for last 15 consecutive fights. I would suggest a ranking system where Guilds fight other guilds that are +5/-5 positions from them on the ladder. That way it should be fairly competitive battles and guilds can move up or down the rankings (not just jump to random rankings).

Doing this will also allow for strong vs strong guild battles, med vs med and low vs low. Maybe more fun for all.

Last edited by Roboren on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Roboren

Back to top Go down

GvG ranking system/battle selection Empty Re: GvG ranking system/battle selection

Post by Ritchie980 Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:19 am

Agreed
Ritchie980
Ritchie980

Back to top Go down

GvG ranking system/battle selection Empty Re: GvG ranking system/battle selection

Post by SpiritMuse Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Yes. My guild just fought against a guild with people double our level. Unsurprisingly, we lost - OHKO's abound.

SpiritMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by GitHub Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 pm

That's true. Our guild was paired vs a stronger guild 3x in a day! That was really unfair.

GitHub

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiritMuse Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:13 pm

So at the moment we're facing off against a guild with a level 66 and an 82. We're around 20-30. I'm not even gonna try to waste my AP on this one.

Another problem is whether people are online or not. If few people are playing, you're not going to be as strong.

SpiritMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiritMuse Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:32 am

And once again we're paired off against a guild with people twice our level. And once again, unsurprisingly, we lost.

The fun is starting to go out of it at this rate.

SpiritMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:57 am

I've been seeing similar issues, especially in the day since the end of the GvG campaign.

In the 5 battles after the end of the final battle of that even my guild (which was in gold, div B) has faced off with guilds that are way out of our league.

One guild we fought 3 times in one 24 hour period. Another guild was so powerful compared to us (16 lvl 100's, 8 of them 125 or higher, vs our 4 lvl 100's with only one above 125) that one player did a single 150K hit which desynced my whole guild in one shot.

I don't mind a good challenge, in fact a good challenge can be fun, but when you have such unbalanced pair offs it takes away any chance to put up a good fight and renders winning impossible.....and it is taking all the fun out of this game.

During the campaign the battles seemed more balanced and were more fun, even when we lost. If there is an algorithm that selects who fights who I'd say it needs looked at. If it's random then maybe we need to have the division grouping from the campaign put in place all the time.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by joslsamp Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:21 am

My guild battled the same guild back to back.

joslsamp

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboren Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:57 am

Looks like a system is implemented from today to aid this. Thanks to the Devs! Smile

Roboren

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Roboren wrote:Looks like a system is implemented from today to aid this. Thanks to the Devs! Smile

We're definitely interested in more player feedback on how our new system works out. Bear in mind it'll probably be not entirely accurate at first, but should get better with time.

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:43 pm

This system needs some serious work, got matched up against a guild with 8times as many BP

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Seriously! You're having a laugh, our guild gets out 20k and they get a 400k?!

C'mon now, numbers don't lie. Get your heads in the game here

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Assassino wrote:Seriously! You're having a laugh, our guild gets out 20k and they get a 400k?!

C'mon now, numbers don't lie. Get your heads in the game here

I'll just repeat what I already said in this thread:

[GM]Obspho wrote:Bear in mind it'll probably be not entirely accurate at first, but should get better with time.

This is a brand new system.  This means it will be inaccurate at first.  Low level guilds will get pitted against higher levels.  As time goes by and the system gets a feel for the strength of relative guilds, the algorithm will become more accurate and matches should become more balanced.

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1101Star Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:33 am

[GM]Obspho, how long time it will take? I'm from the same guild (Nightgale) as Assassino. And all our opponents in this last time stronger than us. The last battle is all that is something, after which no desire to play. We faced Lib3ration and after that next battle with Destiny. Now we have faced with empty guild. What's going on? Thanks.

1101Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Five/Vandals Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:37 am

Well its ovious what we have to do.... Farm lvl up upgrade, farm lvl up and upgrade until you can beat these guys hahahaha

Five/Vandals

Back to top Go down

Post by Five/Vandals Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 am

We are now rank 12 and i am pretty shure that today we will have to fight against one of these big boy in the top 5 and it is ok, we cannot be always winners

Five/Vandals

Back to top Go down

Post by 1101Star Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 am

It's not Okay. It's bad balance now.

1101Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboren Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:51 pm

We've been fighting various different guilds. Won some, lost some, and had some real good match ups. All seems good so far. Guys should remember that there are multiple variables at play here of which member participation is one. You can be one or two guys and loose against a guild or be a few guys and beat the same guild. There will never be a simple system that makes everybody happy, but at least they try and for us it seems to be heading in the right direction.

Roboren

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 pm

1101Star wrote:[GM]Obspho, how long time it will take? I'm from the same guild (Nightgale) as Assassino. And all our opponents in this last time stronger than us. The last battle is all that is something, after which no desire to play. We faced Lib3ration and after that next battle with Destiny. Now we have faced with empty guild. What's going on? Thanks.

Honestly, at this point it's tough to say. New systems like this can sometimes take a little while to get a proper feel for the relative power of all guilds. However, we are still working on optimizing this system, and are paying close attention to it in case we feel it is not working properly. If we find it's not, we will make the necessary adjustments. Thanks for your patience! Smile

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:58 am

My guild Ghosts has had similar issues 1101Star posted saying that Nightgale is experiencing.

My previous post to this thread was made before the new system going live.

After the new system went live we saw an improvement for a few days, then it got worse.

We are now seeing guilds that can spam dozens of attacks in the first few seconds of a battle, resulting in some players being desynced before the player fully loads into the battle and has even a reasonable time to put up defenses or make a single attack.

This new issue has been reported by me through the help system.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:50 am

Guild ranking battles based on +/- 5 positions would make it good, but then limited to who you may be battling...

It will help bring the top guilds up and lower guilds down, making fighting more matched

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Vespasian Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 am

I don't agree with this +\- 5 places idea. i think the current system is working, The Cohort have not battles any guilds outside the top 20 since it was put into place: which I believe is fair. But making it so that pretty much Dest only cycle through 4 opponents and Cohort/Lib/Avalanche 6-9 opponents is counter productive... It will mean that in a short amount of time, teams that just can't begin to match up against these teams will end up in the top 7 or so... While the teams that are truly top 5 will float down purely because in these top 4 match ups these teams will lose a lot more... Purely because their pool will be the most limited. It will be a bit silly if because they face Destiny 6 times in 2 days (which is likely because of your dreadful suggestion of +\-5) liberation find themselves outside the top 6 for example. Same applies to Avalanche and Cohort: as genueily top 5 teams; facing very few limited teams will unbalance and yoyo the rankings horribly.

Maybe s league system like the event had; but with promotions and relations every 3-7 days (15-35 games) with rewards based on league and final position (gold, basic transfers, rare transfers or something else that is rewarding). This would more chances of success whatever: and success gives a more difficult challenge next cycle/league period.

Vespasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vespasian Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:48 am

Relegations* not relations (no option to edit)

Vespasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 pm

I can see good aspects of both a +/- or a league system.

The +/- 5 might be a little too restrictive with 5 battles a day. Maybe make it +/- 10 or even 20. Then with that size pool to draw from no two guilds should battle each other more than once every 9 or 19 battles.

As lower guilds win they move up and get put into the mix. As higher guilds lose they move down. So that acts as a promotion/demotion in a league system.

The league system used in the event seemed to produce better balanced battles than we saw before the new system was put in place. It's gotten a little better, but even now we see battles between guilds that aren't even close. A top 10 guild against one ranked in the mid 20's shouldn't happen. It's too easy for the higher ranked guild and impossible for the lower ranked guild.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:11 am

Ok, so maybe +/- 5 is too restrictive, maybe 10/15 could be better.
Vespasian- it's a very common idea, that other games do use, so calling "dreadful" is a bit of a slap to their Devs.

Saying you will face only 5 teams every 2 days means that no lower guilds will get better and rise up...

Also, facing teams that are around you puts a level playing field that you are exactly matched on level also (Top team vs Top team)

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next