Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

App crashing when returning to battle

+2
Assassino
1nSaNiTy
6 posters

Go down

App crashing when returning to battle Empty App crashing when returning to battle

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:29 am

My guild mates and I have been having lots of issues with the app crashing are we try to return to GvG battle.

We leave battle to refresh ap, collect a contract for ap, or farm missions for ap. The upon trying to return the app crashes, requiring a restart and re attempt at returning to battle.

I wondered if it was device specific so I asked around and found we all use different devices to play.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

App crashing when returning to battle Empty Re: App crashing when returning to battle

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:46 pm

This issue is getting worse, anmd impacting GvG in negative ways.

In battle 2 (today, 9-30) I crashed twice trying to return to battle.

The most frustrating one of the two is when I exited to give salutes to guild mates in the rear who needed ap, then crashed trying to return to battle. I loaded into battle enough to see I had half my sync left, then I crashed. By the time I restarted the app and re-loaded into battle I had just a second before it was desynced.

While I was fighting with the app crashing a guild mate was left to fight alone, making attacks which I could gave helped turn into combos had I not crashed.

In order to rejoin the fight I had to waste 30 ap re-syncing that I otherwise would have used making attacks. And because his attacks weren't combos my guild mate wasted ap making attacks that didn't result in getting bonuses or assistance.

All this when we are about to enter another GvG campaign. Not good and I predict it will cause a lot of players grief who get screwed like this in an important match.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

App crashing when returning to battle Empty Re: App crashing when returning to battle

Post by 1nSaNiTy Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:09 am

I have to agree with Yager toally
Our Guild has experienced this more times then not lately and it has impacted us negatively
The app just hangs and stays hung up for min 1 min .. max 7 mins, not just GvG but chases , missions map changes, switching from equip - inventory - main etc
it cost us the one main battle win for 10 wins of the weekend, and possibly another 2  or 3
but it is what it is , I've spent alot of hard earned cash to be where I'm at and help the giuld mates as much as possible , I afraid to let a hack go in case i cant start the app again after it crashes.
It is definitely impeding my spending as of lately

Peace!

Iphone 5s ios 7.1.2
Guild : 1nSaNiTy
Inivte Code : KH4Z9G31

Last edited by 1nSaNiTy on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
1nSaNiTy
1nSaNiTy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 pm

I've had it happen a couple times today. Fortunately it hasn't changed the results of a campaign battle....yet....but it's only a matter of when, not if, it will.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:02 am

App crashed multiple times during this campaign cycle.

Twice in battle 1 today.

And it is impacting the results of battles. Our guild has lost a couple of battles due to members crashing and being unable to reliably participate.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Nothing like having the app crash when loading into battle only to find yourself dead once you get restarted and reloaded.

It's bad enough we see huge imbalances in guild match ups in GvG, to have the app crash on top of it is making GvG a waste of time and ruining the fun it could be.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1nSaNiTy Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:49 am

I cant agree more with you brother,
its cost us so valuable time, it got so bad that we didnt even bother with the last gvg campain battle, (our present to you Liberation , we have you backs in the final)
back to topic
some of our members crash before they even get into battle, some us crash going to replenish to hold off the enemy till they can reconnect, there can be no synchronization, cause when were are all together were deadly as all guilds could and probably would be ..

I have stopped support monetary wise, as have all our guild members its way to unstable to keep sinking money into it

IMO

Peace!

Iphone 5s ios 7.1.2
1nSaNiTy
1nSaNiTy

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:17 pm

There isn't a time the app doesn't crash really. And it's laggy. And in battles the notifications are too slow if everyone attacks at once...

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Just to make sure, you have sent a ticket about this, yes? Usually for more complex issues such as this, it's better to actually send us a ticket with your information rather than make a forum post. Smile

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

I've sent tickets and screenshots (when possible) of different ones

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Yes Obspho, I've sent a ticket in.

I've encouraged others to do so also whever they crash. I've provided the details requested by those working on the ticket.

Whenever I have new information or it impacts gameplay I update the ticket as I do here. I don't update the ticket or this post after every crash because that would be time consuming and probably seem as of I'm trolling.

This post is for both the devs who read the forums and the players who read the forums. This way others can chime in with their experiences and show that it's not a singular issue but widespread.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Yager (Ghosts) wrote:Yes Obspho, I've sent a ticket in.

I've encouraged others to do so also whever they crash. I've provided the details requested by those working on the ticket.

Whenever I have new information or it impacts gameplay I update the ticket as I do here. I don't update the ticket or this post after every crash because that would be time consuming and probably seem as of I'm trolling.

This post is for both the devs who read the forums and the players who read the forums. This way others can chime in with their experiences and show that it's not a singular issue but widespread.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing then. Smile While we definitely do monitor these forums, and will clarify if a bug is a known issue or not, the bug forums are intended more for players to discuss the bug among themselves, see if they have any workarounds; that sort of thing. We tend to prefer looking into bugs through our ticket system, as we can more easily gather data there and escalate it to the proper channels. However, you're quite right that the forums are a great way for other players to chime in on issues to give us an idea of the scope of a particular bug. We'll definitely look into this through any tickets we receive on it!

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:15 am

Yes. I've done beta testing before for other games so I try to approach game issues from either gather as much info as I can or come up with solutions or work arounds where possible.

Unfirtunately the only work around I've found is to not leave battle, get ap, then try to return. Not exactly a good solution given how the game is designed.

An in battle way to collect daily ap refresh (like how you can salute front line players who you haven't saluted that day) could help reduce some exiting/reentering battle. But that still means for contracts and mission farming exiting/reentering is necessary.

Some guild mates report crashing on the initial attempt to enter battle, so it may not have anything to do with ap, and more to do with battle entry in general.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Have you guys had trouble with things freezing after a few attacks or attacks not going through even though it deducts ap, but the ap is put back into my pool after a few seconds, but still no attacks actually go through. Lost a few battles due to this. Couldn't fight back and wasnt about to waste the ap to resync and have it happen again when the enemy already had too much of a lead for me to gain since they had stopped attacking.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:38 pm

That's an issue I've noticed too Blade.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:17 am

I've noticed it happen if I tap on the app (from excitement/anxiety) before it can load up - my fault I guess, but can't help that I like it so much.

Is tapping too early on the load-up crashing the app?

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Just an update, this is still an issue. It happened a lot during raid week trying to load into raid battles.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 am

I've started to think its an issue of gvg not being able to handle the volume of players per battle. You have an issue with it as most battles you have several guild members online, correct? I have no issue with it unless I am caught by a guild with several active members online at once in the gvg. At that point I have been entirely shut down and unable to respond several times before. Provided I get in before anyone from the opposing guild does, I rarely see much of a problem with it. So maybe they need to check out how gvg's system handles the amount of players per battle.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:07 pm

So just as a followup on this, we're working on some adjustments to the game backend that should hopefully help with this issue for several players. No word as to when we're going to roll these out just yet, but it is currently one of our top priorities.

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks for the update Obspho.

Blade, I have noticed more lag when in battle with more players (on either side).

I've also noticed that when initial loading into battle is slower than normal I find we are fighting a good size group. Sometimes that slowed loading results in complete desync of our front line before we are completely loaded and able to attack or defend.

Related? Maybe.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1nSaNiTy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:25 pm

For me its been happening alot on the boss chases again
and also as you guys have mentioned , gvg battles
going out for Ap ( contract, or Replenish)
try to get back in and the SOB restarts on me and i have to manually load into battle
<whispers> dangit im de-synced again </whispers>

LOL

Iphone 5s ios 7.1.2
1nSaNiTy
1nSaNiTy

Back to top Go down

Post by AE Creed Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:14 pm

The problem still exists, I'm having problems with it sticking after the guild battle is over. It just stops and the icon sits there and rotates and you can do anything. I've tried to shut it down for a while and re-login but it stuck on the open screen now. I have sent a ticket in.

AE Creed

Back to top Go down

Post by AE Creed Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:17 pm

I am also having problems with the boss chases. I'm going through ones that I've been through before and caught them and now they're getting away.

AE Creed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down