Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Longevity of the game

4 posters

Go down

Longevity of the game Empty Longevity of the game

Post by Starkers11 Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Would love to know what the long term plan for the game is.

Now I have (finally) hit level 200 Im quite confused as to what I have to look forward too in the game. Unlocking new equip slots was always the aim so I can become more powerful but now its just about getting better gear. Thats fine as a concept but I dont feel I can do that.

I have caught 122 bosses in my time of playing in missions. Only 1 of those was a SR and 0 UR. Now through other means I have an ally attack of 1 UR and the rest SR so is there much point me grinding missions for 0.1% chance that I may find and catch a SR or UR? Probably not.

Other reason to do missions was for XP and coins. I no longer need to gain XP due to your level cap. As for coins, why grind missions for coins when each GvG can net me more than a days worth of grinding in 1 battle (and I can do up to 5 a day).

How else can I gain better weapons and armour? Well there is basic transfers, but then I can only get up to SR gear with that and once in a blue moon. And the most effective way of getting basic transfers is to grind missions. I would say in a day without having stamina packs you could expect to gain 20 of these which you would be luck to get 1 R let alone a SR.

Contracts are another way of getting new weapons and armour but seeing as the reward is 1 basic transfer that is very very unlikely too.

So basically if I am to improve my character, not including upgrading because that has a limit and without new better cards I will eventually fully upgrade all my items, the only way i can do so is to grind missions. This is getting incredibly boring and with no skill involved in the outcome of each mission it is also mindless.

The only thing I feel, as a level 200 non paying player, is worthwhile in this game now is the GvG. I shall continue to partake in this as I enjoy playing with my guild members and with the occasional campaign and raid (only 1 of these so far with another seeming to be coming but no time as to when) it bring something different to the game.

With GvG currently broken (for over a day now) what is the point in me logging in? I loved the game to start with but you have got to give us something else to do in the game that isnt just missions outside of GvG. Like I said at the start, what was your long term planning for the game? You cant have felt that this current model of the game would have been enough to keep players coming back for more once they have level capped? Have we just hit this much earlier than you expected so you havent been able to implement new aspects of the game? Or did you intend for this game to be played for a few months but players, milk our money then bail out?

I know I have ranted quite a lot here, its not helped that the GvG has been broken for a day now which is frustrating to say the least. I want to keep playing, the game but I also feel it is fair for us players to ask what is coming and why we still have the bugs we do (Ive never known a mobile game to have so many and for so long).

Rant over!

Starkers11

Back to top Go down

Longevity of the game Empty Re: Longevity of the game

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:10 am

Just as an FYI:

I have received UR cards from free transfers, basic transfers earned doing missions, and the free contracts. They aren't common to get, but I have done it.

The chases do suck a bit, to do all that work and try different techniques, only to fail more that not on SR & UR bosses. I'd almost rather have raid style battles between the target boss, a couple of his/her allies (the R+ ones) and give us a fighting chance to earn them.

I'm at 200 too. I would love a way to bank all that XP I earn and can't use then have a way to exchange large quantities of XP for hard to get rewards/gear. But till such a thing happens, or they raise the level cap it is what it is.

I enjoy GvG. I'm still a long way from capped in my gear (although I do have more URs than you say you have) so that's my main goal now. I'm working hard a second time in raids to get the top prize. Thanks to this raid all my equipped gear is maxed. And in using all these transfers to build sets of gear for ranged, melee, and incog.

Personally I think the bugs/glitches (like GvG not working), lag, and app crashing when entering battle and during chases will be more game ending than the lack of things to do once at max level. But those are discussions for another day.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkers11 Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 am

Having re read my post I have realized I was ranting rather a lot.

It would just be nice to have something that requires a bit of skill. There is grinding to get better stuff through hard work and effort, then there is this game where its just mind numbing and with no skill involved.

I reckon activity in the game increases quite a bit when they do the raids as its fun and requires guild work and skill to do.

Like you say Yager, something like it as part of missions would be nice.

Think it unlikely because after the last raid they did the survey and of the things they asked us what we would like added they havent done any of it (remember the idea of rear allies?!)

Starkers11

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 pm

I like the idea of something skill related to replace the current chases. An idea I had was possible bringing something similar to the den battles from AC: revelations I believe it was. Another possible method is changing the chase to a temple run style chase except instead of running from something, you're chasing to catch the target. I do know that either of these would require massive game overhaul though so they might not be valid from a developer POV.
If possible, obspho, could we get your opinion on this stuff and what you think of the future of the game and its longevity? Or a developers announcement in game regarding it. Wasnt sure what you'd be able to divulge without permission.
I still love the game though and have gotten several URs lately. Three oda nobunaga from a chase an two contracts. Then I had a UR weapon and two hattori hanzo from contracts as well.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:50 pm

New features take time, especially if they aren't based on already existing game features.

While working on new things they really need to fix the problems with the game, like the app crashing when entering battle.

I lost track of how many times I crashed during raids. Almost every raid battle I did. I would lose at minimum 30 sec of combat time (often more like 1min) each time I had to reload into the game and then into raid battles.

Before new features are introduced, the existing ones need to work much better

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Even posting here is a problem now. I keep getting a "times out" error when submitting posts.

The above post took 3 tries before it went through, as did this one.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:06 pm

I didn't run into the crashing much if at all during the raid. Maybe that one is a difference between devices or Internet connections. I'm not sure why it would affect some players and not others at the moment.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am

No word about anything from devs/support

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down