Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raid thoughts?

5 posters

Go down

Raid thoughts? Empty Raid thoughts?

Post by Starkers11 Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:46 am

So now the first raid is over what are peoples thought on it? What did you like? What didnt you like? What do you want to see differently next time?

Me personally I really liked the raid. I had a lot of fun doing it and trying to up my ranking (ended up finishing just outside top 50). There are some things I didnt like, but overall I would give it an 7 out of 10. Not bad for a first effort.

Pros: Making it an individual tournament in a game designed around guilds was very good. You could use your guild to help boost your ranking but there was also a competitive edge within the guilds. Made for good banter within our guild which has made us a better guild in the process I feel.

The story it went with a good, could have done without the repeated cut scenes after each time you beat Kheshig lvl 3, just once was enough. It gave the endless grind a purpose and an end factor to it with Khan.

Cons: Overpowered players because of the boosts. When you are trying to gain as much RP as possible in a battle and want someone to assist your melees you have to open it up to others. Its then very frustrating when someone comes in and with 1 melee they have taken more than half the RP available so you know you arent going to see much return for your efforts if you have weak range attacks. I tried to boost my ranged during the raid but it was never going to be enough to cause serious damage.

Strong get stronger. Those lucky enough to pull the UR out of the vault early were given an advantage. Fair play to them, but that only got more of an advantage as the raid went on as they were the ones picking up the most damage and slayer rewards so more likely to pick up vault keys and more likely to pull the UR boost again. Strong got stronger.

Improvements: A payoff for beating the last boss. I finally managed to beat lvl 3 Khan on the last day but my rewards were the same as beating lvl 1 archers. I feel giving people various feeder cards for rewards the first time they beat a boss is a good way to go as you can increase the level of the feeder as they get to harder bosses but at the same time it doesnt have a huge impact on your money making efforts.

Selective invites. As I make mention of in my first Con, it would be nice if you could invite certain players or open it up to anyone so you can maximise your chances of getting as much RP as possible from each fight without someone taking most of it with 1 hit.

Thoughts over. I know some of my points might just be because I finished just outside the top 50 and are probably geared towards how I could have gotten in there, but my thoughts they are. Let us hear yours, it might just influence what they do next time!

Starkers11

Back to top Go down

Raid thoughts? Empty Re: Raid thoughts?

Post by 1nSaNiTy Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 am

Dang brother!
You took the words right out of my mouth
Very well said
and totally agreed~!

Iphone 5s ios 7.1.2
Guild : 1nSaNiTy
Inivte Code : KH4Z9G31
1nSaNiTy
1nSaNiTy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:30 am

I enjoyed it as well. I didn't get to see the top bosses you mentioned because I solo'd this one, but I finished 183 so pretty satisfied. Highest boss I killed was a 32 archer. No idea how high they went to know if I should be proud or ashamed hahaha. But the competition was great especially the last few hours where several people were really pushing the edge of the top 200. That kept me on my toes. I think the occasional bosses might be a decent long term addition to missions at some point. Bosses within each time period that correspond to the period and to the actual characters. The luck chase gets old sometimes haha. Looking forward to the rewards and everyone's comments.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 am

Great thoughts.

I have some pros and cons too.

Con: 8 days was exhausting for a non-power player who couldn't quickly get a top spot then easily defend it with tens of millions in points between them and those trying to work up into the top ranks.

Con: The rewards for upper level battles (bosses) seemed worse than the rewards for the lower level battles. That made beating them less desireable.

Con: Getting all the daily guild rewards became increasingly difficult in the later days as active members drew harder battles. Some of us began losing harder battles intentionally (after farming them for BP) so then we might draw easier battles next and boost our victory numbers over time.

Con: The reward armor suit is a mix of R and SR pieces??? I get why select pieces will be given out to lower place finishers (tiered rewards), but why not at least make all the pieces SR or maybe have an SR set for the top two tiers and an R set for the lower tiers?

Pro: Raid AP refresh and packs. This was great. Could something similar be done for normal AP without unbalancing the game? Maybe make it so that if a player has full AP and gets AP in a mission or from a contract it goes into a pack. Put a cap on the number of packs a player can have (2 or 3), and a pack can't be used till it's full or has a once a day use limit like the normal AP refresh.

Pro: Getting vault keys as rewards. This allowed people who don't pay to play or can only afford a little pay to play a chance at getting plenty of vault items. They have to earn them, but the vault was no longer unobtainable to most.

Pro: Refreshing Raid AP without needing to exit battle (if you had packs/potion). I wish this was an option for GvG (you can give a few salutes from GvG battle but that's it). The app crashes a lot when entering battle, so limiting the need to exit and re-enter battle was very helpful. I still had issues with crashes when initially entering battle (GvG and Raid) but sadly I'm getting accustomed to it and trying to work around it.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkers11 Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:24 am

Blade, the top level for Archers, Cavalry and Horsemen was level 50. Then there was a sub boss with 3 levels and then the main boss with 3 levels. If you solo'd it then getting to lvl32 is pretty darn good. Only way I would have gotten higher is with the UR ally.

Yager, I agree that it was a bit long. After 5 days I did start to think 'Is this ever going to end' but I guess they want all players to have a fair chance of getting a decent ranking so those who can only put in decent hours over the weekend had a chance.

As for the rewards, both raid and vault, I think that its a bit rubbish to get 3 vault keys and only get rare armour with an equip value of 14, same with the weapons. Unless I am missing something, you can easily get plenty of better equipment from the basic transfers. I know they had damage boosts, but without saying specifically how much of a boost you got. And saying you didnt have to have them equipped to receive the boost was fine, but can we have a way of signifying that they are giving you a boost as I got confused which did and didnt when upgrading my weapons.

Starkers11

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Excellent thread. As this was our first raid, we would definitely love hearing more about what players did and didn't like about it. We also have a survey running in game at the moment where you can offer more generalized feedback about the game.

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down