Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ticket I just submitted.......

5 posters

Go down

The ticket I just submitted....... Empty The ticket I just submitted.......

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:46 pm

There are some issues that are making GvG less fun and less interesting. I know this is long, but it's something that's been building up for awhile.

1) Whatever system you use to select which guilds fight is still causing much more powerful guilds to be pitted against lesser powerful guilds.

It gets old when we get totally desynced in 1 to 5 hits by guilds who's members are on average 50+ levels higher and each have an average of twice the individual power of my guild members.

2) We are increasingly finding that we are being totally desynced by spam attacks of other guilds before we even load into battle. (How do they load so quickly?) And if we aren't desynced that quickly then one or both sides get desynced in the first couple minutes of battle and then it becomes a waiting game till the last minute when the losing guild tries a Hail Mary to get the lead in the last few seconds.

As guild leader I've been trying hard to study battle logs, formulate tactics and strategies, purge inactive players and recruit active players, and help my guild mates level up and gear up as quick as possible. But with how GvG is working none of that seems to be worth the effort.

3) Is the issue partly the ranking system? The runner up guild in the last platinum league campaign, Lib3ration, disbanded the day after the last campaign. Even as one of the "top dogs" they got fed up with how GvG is working. As of today they have 1 member left, yet are still ranked 13th after today's first battle? How is that possible? I've noticed my guild rank can jump/drop as many as 10 levels (sometimes more) after just one win/loss. That seems rather huge for just one win/loss.

4) There is an issue with guilds facing each other in battle repeatedly in a short span of time. During the last campaign my guild which was ranked in the low teens at the time faced the guild which was in 2nd/1st place (Lib3ration) 3 times in the last 36 hours. That's too frequent, especially for a campaign. There were other guilds that we never battled, which is also not logical in a campaign to determine a league leader.

5) App crashing and lag don't help players who are active and try to compete but are hindered by a flaw (or flaws) that make the app unstable.

I'm not the type who complains much. I try to figure out how things work so I can then figure out how to play and succeed with the games designed function, but this is ridiculous. And when it's causing people to give up playing because they feel they have little or no chance.....it will eventually kill the game.

I prefer to make suggestions and come up with ideas to improve things, so:

If it were up to me I'd use total guild power and average guild member rank to determine which guilds fight each other. They should always be grouped into leagues based off a percentage of those factors. Match ups should be between similarly powerful guilds in the same league. As weaker guilds gain power and grow then they can advance to higher level leagues. Wins/losses and total BP should only be used to rank similarly powered guilds within each league.

Any guild that has it's leader leave the guild should get put into an inactive status and removed from the leagues/rankings until the remaining members elect a new leader, and then they should get put into last place of whatever league their new average member rank and total guild power qualify them for. Once active again they work their way up to whatever rank they deserve.

The top league should be reserved for guilds which have reached the near top limits of the game. If there are only a dozen or so guilds which have reached that level, then they have earned the privilege of only facing off with each other, but at this point there are plenty of higher level guilds to ensure that no two face off more than once each couple days. If each league has 10 guilds then no two guilds should fight more than once a day. The more guilds in a league, the longer it should be between repeated face offs.

If something isn't done soon to fix the issues this game has, it won't live long. It's already loosing players. It is a great property with lots of potential, but its falling far short of what it could and should be.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

The ticket I just submitted....... Empty Re: The ticket I just submitted.......

Post by Blade Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:29 pm

I'd like to add to what you're saying with something I've noticed myself. When I load into gvg, I am a ranged guy who uses return fire a ton, and I wait for an attack, usually by a weaker player rushing in ahead unknowingly, and then try to return fire on them. Well it drops my 20 AP and the button greys out but no damage is given. No attack is actually launched. It refunds the ap a few seconds later but still no attack goes through. I am a solo player and have lost about 3 gvgs lately because of this. I know it should go in bugs but this post felt like an appropriate place as well. I agree with the potential of the system as was stated previously. I like the competition. I am anxious to see what happens with the upcoming raid. Hope all goes well for the dev's end and ours.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:43 pm

I've noticed that issue with return fire too. I used it a lot to target the opposition who were active first, then resort to other attacks to deal with inactive players, but with the issue you cite and the way power guilds are obliterating with spam attacks in the first min or two I've all but given up using return fire.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkers11 Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:20 am

Got to agree with Yager here.

In the last campaign my guild was near the top but to overtake the teams above us we needed to battle them, but we never did. I think the highest ranked guild we fought in the last day was 10th so while we won them all we never got a chance against those around us to overtake them.

They need to have a way (I dont know if it is possible) of logging into the battle 2 mins before it starts so when the timer starts people can be ready to go. Sometimes it takes me 5 seconds to log into a battle, sometimes 20, this discrepancy can be the difference between winning and losing as a couple of quick and lucky knife throws can decimate a front line in 10 seconds.

They also need to review the battle system itself and put in new ways to make battles last the full 30 minutes. As Yager says its the first 2 minutes and then the last 15 seconds that seem to count in 95% of battles. THe odd one is played throughout the full 30 mins but it is too few. Those are the most fun ones to participate in as it takes good co-operation with your guild and good tactics to win.

I know they keep saying they are looking at improvements but they need to give us something to let us know issues players are having will be addressed.

Starkers11

Back to top Go down

Post by 1nSaNiTy Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:38 am

10 second Pre-game warm up .. gives everyone a chance to get in and get ready

IMO
1nSaNiTy
1nSaNiTy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 am

RE: my point #1 above

Yesterday, 10/13/14, over a span of 6 battles my guild faced the same opponent 3 times.

After discussing this with other guild members I found out that other guild had similar situations where they face a single opponent multiple times a day, in one case in back to back battles.

With over 8000 guilds ranked, that frequent of match up shouldn't happen.

This new system has been in place now for a while so it should be getting better, but it doesn't appear to be.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 am

Guys, we've been speaking about this topic on another forum part since weeks ago (just to let you all know)

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:11 pm

This topic?

I covered a number of topics.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:08 pm

They're all to do with battling/'competing' as you put it. Different aspects of battling to do with guild match-ups and ratings with the added bonus of lag.
It been like this since the 'new' system was introduced about 4wks ago. They said it'll work itself out, so we just have to live with it

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Waiting........................

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum