Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game

3 posters

Go down

Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game Empty Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:16 pm

I understand playnext needs revenue to keep funding this game. But when things like the Leo Tank are only obtainable from premium transfer packs which realistically can only be bought using abstergo credits which are bought with real money then only those willing and able do drop hundreds of dollars/pounds/etc or more to make multiple purchases to get them will end up dominating this game and driving away all others.

In the hands of one of these maxed level high power players I've now seen the tank do over 75k BP in one shot. The same player can do 40k or more with snipe, which was at least somewhat more accessible to non-pay to players thanks to the raid vault key rewards. Even with cool down timers that's still potentially 250k BP in one battle without ever using ap. More if they get multiple tank/snipe cards and alternate using them since the cool down isn't linked if you have multiple cards equipped.

I've spent months trying to build a good guild. I've assembled a good group of players who get along great. We worked up from Gold League runner up in the first campaign (the winning guild disbanded shortly after the first campaign, we didn't), to be a strong contender in platinum (we've finished in the top 15 and top 10 of our division respectively). We aren't big spenders so we have little or no chance against the dozen or so guilds out there with multiple pay to players in them.

I'm starting to see signs from guild mates that they think all our efforts are futile. Unity is out in less than a week. I won't be surprised if player activity in this game takes a huge drop after the 11th (14th in EU).

I don't mind a fun challenging fight. I prefer it. But when you get slaughtered in a couple hits (by ally card abilities or just a bought maxed character) and have no way to recover against that kind of damage it's no longer fun or challenging.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game Empty Re: Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Then when you combine things like app crashing (getting worse), lag (also getting worse), awful league assignments/battle matching, and other bugs that the community has been screaming about for weeks or months that we see little or no progress on fixing and it makes some of us wonder what the pay to players are funding.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game Empty Re: Pay to play to get UR uber gear will kill this game

Post by Blade Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 am

I agree with you on the OP UR cards. Those will be devastating in big guild battles. I haven't been up against them but being destroyed by one card every time is gonna tear guilds apart and drive players to other games.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 pm

I also agree. We just faced a team where we were having a great battle against each other. All of a sudden, their main guy shows up and hits us with a >200K Melee attack. It destroys the morale of your team when you know that you have no answer against one major attack.

Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down