Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrade/augmenting and merging

5 posters

Go down

Upgrade/augmenting and merging Empty Upgrade/augmenting and merging

Post by Roboren Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:06 pm

With no benefit in upgrading cards before merging them (current system) one almost feel cheated when you find a duplicate card and you want to merge them as you basically loose all the feeders and coin used in the upgrades/augmenting of the original card. This is extremely frustrating and I would suggest this be something to look into for future upgrades.

Roboren

Back to top Go down

Upgrade/augmenting and merging Empty Re: Upgrade/augmenting and merging

Post by Theodor Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 am

I second that!

This system is quite primitive and demotivating. Compared to similar CardBattleGames such as "Heroes of Camelot" where upgrading/merging is a quite more intriging process.

As for the GvG battles - ACM is light years ahead. Compliments for that! ;-)

Theodor

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm

This is definitely something we can look into. Would love to see more players give their thoughts on this.

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:47 am

Makes sense to me. I don't want to spend all that gold and other cards, just to have it wiped out

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodor Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:54 am

FYI: The "Heroes of Camelot" logic is following:
When Mergering two similar cards 5% of the stats continue to the next card. Unless it is max-encharnced, then one get 10%. Then there's loads of calculating in how to get the most out of a maximized card (google it) - But the difference between a speed upgrading using 4 cards and a top 8 card upgrading is 70% (4 card speed) to 100% (8 card max).

To the defence, I though think ACM are more about fighting than cards - which is why I changed. HoC got so ridiculous monotone with time.

So in one way I do like the more simplistic way of ACM. It keeps the focus on the GvG-fights. Which is why I love the game. (this and the design of cards and equipment)

Theodor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubb Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:02 pm

I'm not understanding how u lose out on what you already spent leveling. I'm pretty sure the base card never loses stats. So if u have a card fuly maxed then pull a duplicate u just fuse them with the leveled card being the base card and you don't lose anything

Bubb

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodor Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:00 am

They key thing is that if you spend a lot of time/cards augment a card before leveling, none of that is continued to the next tier(level).

Right now it is so that when you merge two tier 1 cards - the tier 2 card has the same stats... even if you have augmented the one of the tier one cards.

Say you have a UR cards that you have augmented to the top - and you are lucke to get one more... you then merge it... and end with the same stats on the tier 2... as if you did not augment your card in the first hand. Does that make sense?

Theodor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubb Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:45 am

Yes that makes sense I was told merging them was different and the base card retains stats guess they were wrong

Bubb

Back to top Go down

Post by Roboren Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:03 am

Obviously the various tiered cards already have their base stats calculated to fit into the game. My suggestion would be to retain a % of the augmentation made on the previous card to the new merged card. Thus the merged card does not start at 0 augmentation but at least has something of a head start.

Roboren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down