Assassin's Creed Beta Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vault keys

+5
Gavindy
[GM]Obspho
Yager (Ghosts)
Assassino
Bigfoot14
9 posters

Go down

Vault keys Empty Vault keys

Post by Bigfoot14 Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:20 am

Can you give us more keys? For example, if you're the MVP in a battle you could like three keys or if you dysnc somebody you get keys. Or you could possibly make a wheel and every day you spin it you can get one key or three keys or credits. P.s is game is awesome
Bigfoot14
Bigfoot14

Back to top Go down

Vault keys Empty Re: Vault keys

Post by Assassino Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 pm

5 for MVP, 1 for a desync. Or a 'wheel of chance' - for bonuses for the victorious guild

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot14 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

And a wheel of chance to the losing team. They don' get the good stuff but they could get like credits to go to the vault to buy something
Bigfoot14
Bigfoot14

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:09 pm

RE: the announcement - since no replies can be made to the announcement.

How are those of us who can't afford to spend real world money to buy more keys suppose to use the 2 we have left of the first 5 we were given?

The cost per use is 3. Give everyone one more vault key and those of us who still have 2 left because we can't pay to play might actually have a chance at getting something good from the vault while not seeing two keys go to waste.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Yager (Ghosts) wrote:RE: the announcement - since no replies can be made to the announcement.

How are those of us who can't afford to spend real world money to buy more keys suppose to use the 2 we have left of the first 5 we were given?

The cost per use is 3. Give everyone one more vault key and those of us who still have 2 left because we can't pay to play might actually have a chance at getting something good from the vault while not seeing two keys go to waste.

While we'll discuss your feedback, it was intentional that we gave 5 keys. The extra two were to benefit anyone that did spend, by allowing them to get more pulls from the Vault. However, we'll definitely pass this along.

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavindy Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

I have to say this is the first type of "box" event I've ever seen that makes you spend cash. There is no way to earn keys without spending cash. It's a sad attempt to get people to waste their hard earned money. I'll also inform those that don't play other play next games about the "odds" of pulling the ur card early. In BotA, it is highly unlikely for somebody to pull the highest rarity card before clearing the rest of the box first. We've tracked this and in 90% of the players, they had to pull 100 times to receive the most valuable card. Obviously, these "vaults" are rigged.

So, to anybody who thinks that an extra key (or 20) will help them, you've been warned. They tell you how many of each rarity are in the box. What they don't tell you is the % chance you have of pulling each card. Obviously, the chance to pull the ur is incredibly small. Add in the fact that there are 40 cards in the vault and what that means to us is that you will most likely have to spend $156 to get the ur. Play Next should be ashamed of themselves.

This is a little off topic but I'll include it here as well. Instead of giving us a different event you throw out the same campaign as before. Virtually no upkeep for play next and nothing but boredom for us. Good job. I've only been playing the game a month and already it's monotonous.

I also just thought of a new slogan for play next.

"Play Next, we can ruin any good idea."

Gavindy

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:56 pm

"The extra two were there to benefit anyone that did spend" - really means 'The extra two were there to entice people into spending actual money on a free game'

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Gotta have funds to keep making games, expanding games, pay employees, etc etc. Think about their position from a business standpoint rather than think that we are entitled to anything Wink "dollar votes" would be a good place to start.

Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 pm

I understand the need for money to pay for the game. I don't begrudge that. The amount they charge however us prohibitive to some. This single feature, if one were to buy enough abstergo credits to complete the collection, you cost 2 to 3 times the amount of a brand new console based game. For example more than AC Unity is going to cost when it comes out. Those games have much more content and play time for the amount spent.

Some players just can't afford to pay to play, so content that essentially excludes them because they can't afford the cost will not garner good word of mouth to get other gamers to try this game.

Even with pay to play features being necessary to keep the game alive, there need to be free ways to participate in all content, even if that free option is harder to do of has a bit of random luck to it.

Paying should mostly speed up the process of completing content, not exclude a whole segment of the player base.

Maybe in game gold could be used to buy abstergo credits too, or make abstergo credits randomly rewarded in missions. The 25 a day, given how many different ways they can be used, might need raised. It takes 12 days to save up enough to get one 300 credit animus R+ offer.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot14 Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Yeah I agree with you Yager. They should give us more credits for the daily prize (like maybe 100 or so) so people can use the rare transfers more often and get better things for battle. And the coins idea I agree with because I have like 200 hundred thousand and something coins and I would love to use them on a premium transfer but I can't.

The 3x times chance could be worh maybe 10 grand and the 12x chance could be worth maybe 50 grand.
Bigfoot14
Bigfoot14

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]Obspho Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Assassino wrote:"The extra two were there to benefit anyone that did spend" - really means 'The extra two were there to entice people into spending actual money on a free game'

Well, yes. Obviously we want the game to remain profitable. If a game is not being profitable, from a business perspective there is really no reason to keep it running. Far too often people see any incentive to spend as a "greedy cash grab", but forget that without financial backing for the game, they wouldn't have any game to play at all.

From a business perspective, obviously we'd love it if all our players chose to support our game financially. But we also know that that is simply not feasible for everyone- whether it's not having the budget, wishing to just play as a free player, or otherwise.

I think the real issue here is not whether there is a promotion that benefits spenders, but rather "can I still be competitive in the game as a non-spender". We WANT there to be a benefit to spending on the game, and want players to feel they are receiving value for supporting it. However, at the same time, we also don't want to drive away players who do not spend on it, and want to ensure they still feel they can be competitive. Without these players, we would also have no game- if all we had were a few high spenders, there would not be much of a playerbase to play with.

So let's hear your feedback- do you, as a non or low spender, feel you are able to be at all competitive in the game? If not, what kind of suggestions do you have?

[GM]Obspho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot14 Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:12 pm

As a non spender, it sometimes feels like you're not being competitive as other players because they all might have UR and SR things while people might just have R and common. I have 2 SR cards and one rare as my allies in battle. The SR cards or Nicco Michaveli and Leonardo from ac 2. Nicco ability is sabotage( still in first form) and Leonardo's ability is medicine (still in first form) Those 2 are sometimes helpful in battle but not always. The rare I have is John Pitcairn who's ability is flurry. He effective in battle but sometimes he doe t do as much damage as I want him to (he is fully upgraded but not in his final form.)

My suggestions are that you could give us more credits on the daily prize thing, create a wheel of fortune with 10 credits being the lowest one and either maybe 500 credits or a SR or an UR chip thingy you use to get common things (you know what I mean.... Hopefully). My last suggestion is to let people use their coins to buy things in the animus.

For example, the 3x chance could be worth maybe 7 and a half grand or so and the 12x chance could be worth maybe 35 grand or so. Hopefully you can use one of these suggestions. P.s great game.
Bigfoot14
Bigfoot14

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:24 am

I agree about the issue non or low spending players feeling as if they don't have a competitive chance.

In one of today's battles the #1 team in the platinum league group b was pitted against another top 10 guild. Both were undefeated before the battle. The lower ranked guild got a few hits in before the #1 team wipped out their front line in one hit. Their rear guard tried to build BP after the front line was gone, but due to the size of hit and BP generated by it they had no chance of wining on rear guard attacks alone, even if the were perfect at building good combo runs.

When you look at the total BP so far between the #1 and #2 team of the same league/division it's obvious the #1 guild has a huge advantage. Then look at their gear they have equipped, and you see they have a lot of SR/UR stuff that other guilds may only have a few of scattered amongst all their players.

Either they power leveled and got very lucky on card draws of they've bought their way to a huge advantage.

In the last campaign my guild made it to #1 of the gold league division b. This time we are in platinum and in the top 10 of our division, but I honestly believe the best rank we have a chance to achieve is #2 because of the advantage described above.

In another situation: when you face a guild and one of its members has a melee attack sts of over 1 million, odds are high that person is buying their advantage.

As for ideas......

The ideas of giving played ways to buy abstergo credits using in-game gold (or even saved mastery points once all mastery skills are mastered) I think would give low or non paying players the chance to also attain better gear. Those already elite guilds would have the same option so the enc result is they may spend less and still retain an advantage.

Maybe once a guild reaches a total power level that gives them uber power (bought of not) they get segregated into a group/league/division that only fights each other. Eventually they'll max out and be fairly competitive with each other, but at least they'll be fighting each other instead of slaughtering other lesser powered guilds who are still trying to power up, grow, and learn how to fight efficiently. This will have a huge benefit in moral for the non-elite guilds. You can only be slaughtered so many times before you start feeling as of your efforts are futile.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vespasian Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:52 pm

I believe myself to be someone who is truly able to see a discussion from both sides; and as I believe my guild have probably become notorious to the support team in sending in ticket after ticket, I would like to weigh in (and would most certainly like to hear from Obspho).

Firstly, it most certainly is possible for a low-non spender to be competitive. There is no argument to that. Why? Because as the leader of The Cohort the Number 1 ranked guild with no loss in about 40 games (and within that time beating Destiny once and Liberation 3 times; who are known big spenders) I can vouch that money is not massively needed to win games, as we have spent very little on the game, some none others a few credit packs.

What is needed to win games is a strong tactic, half decent stats... And above all an active 20 man guild where at minimum you get 2FL on and 4 RG. Preferably 5 FL and 5 RG... This coupled with a structure of leader and co leader (as battle planner for each battle) along with a strong structured tactic will see wins. the melee method is not the only tactic: I have seen a great range/knife combo tactic too. As well as this following simple things like "never Leap" is helpful for wins.

Finally... If these smaller less active guilds merge together, the activity will improve their strength, this really shouldn't be understated... Honestly, outside of about 6 guilds, everyone else is hapless.

A second point. I totally understand micro transactions and their usefulness, after all you are a company. The problem is... These are not micro. £24 is not a small amount. By all means keep premium content but 3650 credits should only cost £4.99. More people will buy, I promise you. And advertise your game more... GET MORE PLAYERS.

Just to force an understanding here, Obspho, imagine you are one of us. You have £24 and you choose between a decent 360/PS3 game (and in most cases you can pick up 2)or 12 virtual cards and 4 hacks: .... Which would you choose? Honestly.

Now, onto events, I advice you to look at The Simpsons tapped out. Every event has its own event currency, their are three ways to get this currency: the freemium way, which requires a hard slog over the course of the event to get it. then there is two the premium ways: whether that is using a Premium currency to shortcut to the reward or the (in the case of TSTO) buying a limited time premium currency building that farms a small number of the event currency every few hours. THAT is the structure you guys should roughly have: the premium quickly done method, the part premium, part freemium slog method, and the freemium slog method. 3 ways, that gives you two things: activity and capital. But premium only events is a ball of gob in the faces of freemium players. Simple. Money keeps a game running but customer satisfaction keeps the money rolling. It can be no suprise you lack the satisfaction.

Be imaginative in your event ideas... Make it at least LOOK different to the last one... Different structure or something, don't just ask for suggestions... You want our money to pay for the employment of people who should HAVE these ideas already... If we are doing their job, why pay them?

You have had plenty of suggestions and ideas submitted... Instead of RE ASKING FOR THEM, READ THEM!

Vespasian
Leader of The Cohort
And someone who is SEEING people's annoyance and loss of interest in this game.

Ps: the attitude of your support team is woeful at best.. i don't like being spoken to like dirt!

Vespasian

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:59 am

Everyone else is hapless?

You and I agree on a number of things Vespasian, but just because other guilds haven't yet reached the top (multiple high level players with really good gear and stats) doesn't mean they are hapless.

As time passes other guilds will reach the top. They'll get better at their combat techniques. They'll draw good gear from the animus and other sources. Less active players will leave the game and the remaining active players will join together.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage (Eagle Eye) Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:31 pm

I'd like to respond to your open question Obspho, regarding suggestions you stated above as well as echo a bit of Vespasian's comments (albeit in a MUCH less smug and combative tone than Vespasin chose to use).

The thing that I'd like to see more of is developer response to the suggestions raised by the players, especially here on the forum. Obspho, I feel you do a great job quickly responding when there's a technical issue some one is having with the game, but when suggestions are thrown out about ways to improve the game you seem to go silent. I have no doubt that you and the team see the comments but it'd be nice from our side of things if you all could respond to those suggestions with your own comments. That way it opens up a back and forth discussion that ultimately provides you guys with the best possible information for the game so that you can do an amazing job improving and perfecting it. I understand that ultimately you can't make any promises on new features publicly before they get decided upon behind the closed doors of the developing floor, but it'd be nice if you all could offer some type of feedback to the stuff we've been suggesting.

I know I've personally come on the forums several times to throw out suggestions in different threads that myself and my guild think should be added to the game after extensive discussion by our group between matches, so I'll list a few of those out below once more:

The excess gold coin problem faced by players really needs to be addressed. Very active players accumulate loads of these coins and we deserve a way to spend them on something other than augmentation and merging because that's not putting a dent in our totals. We, as a forum have suggested allowing us to buy transfers via the shop (either basic or rare) as a non-game breaking way to spend all those hard earned coins. I think it's a great idea, but I'd love to hear all of you guy's responses to it as developers.

I've also thrown out the idea of adding merge feeders to the Assassin Medal shop. We know the technology is in the game since rare merge feeders are given out as collection rewards, but it would be nice to get them from another source (especially SR and possibly UR feeders). Since medals can only be gained from the campaign and the SR and UR versions are a lot of medals (assuming they're priced equally to all the other similar feeders already present in the store) it's not like the market would be flooded with them. My entire guild feels like this idea would be helpful and is rather balanced, but again, we'd love to hear your guy's thought on the matter.

Finally, Vespasin makes a great point about events. They need to be distinctive and different from those that precede it. The vault was a nice alternative to having another assassin campaign back-to-back but it provided NO incentive to players who didn't want to spend a lot of money. There really should have been a way to get vault keys that didn't cost money. This could be done either by giving guilds that win GvG matches during the vault period a single key each (which would only give a guild with a perfect win record during this 7 day period 35 keys allowing them ~11 pulls so not really over powered) or by turning some of the existing basic transfer spots on the missions map into vault keys (maybe ~10% of them). That way there's still incentive for players who slog through the maps and battles to get cards but pay players can get many more pulls from the vault.

We, as a guild, have many more ideas we're throwing around such as improvements to chase missions and the current assassins campaign set-up and we'd love to share them with you as developers and as a community to help give you the best ideas possible.

We're not all as stand-offish as Vespasian and we'd be more than willing to help you all out, but we need you guys to meet us half-way. We need you guys to respond and critique our suggestions so that we feel like we're being heard and progress is being made. So please, Obspho (and any other developers that may read this forum regularly) help continue the discussion. Come on the forums and respond once or twice a day to all the suggestions being posed by all of us so we can see that our ideas are being listened to and thought about instead of just being seen.

Mirage

Mirage (Eagle Eye)

Back to top Go down

Post by JojoSnip3r Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Woah

JojoSnip3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Yager (Ghosts) Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Mirage, I love your ideas.

I've had similar ideas that my guild and I have discussed. Some I've posted in these forums in various topic threads.

I would take issue with the good response to technically issues. I'd have to give them a B on that. I and others have raised the app crashing issue (see my very detailed topic in the big thread). I and others have submitted help tickets since it's impacting GvG. So far the only official response has bee to the help tickets, and that only being acknowledgment of receipt and forwarding it to the proper team.

We haven't even been asked to provide detailed examples of it happening so they can use that feedback to help identify the cause.

Yager (Ghosts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Assassino Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Vespasian- here here!!!

Assassino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down